My first sighting of Costa Rican landscape. Awesomely green!
Getting closer to landing, I can start the see San Jose!
There's tarmack. And I have touched down.
And as I walk towards the passport area for my entry into Costa Rica I am greeted with this happy sign to let me know I am officially not in America!
Very cool. How's the weather so far?
ReplyDeleteOh... and how's the food?
ReplyDeletethe weather is gorgeous, 80 degrees. It hasn't rained once once i have arrived. The food is good too. Rice and beans with some meat is what I have been eating the most of. The beans have a great flavor to them. I am thinking of taking a lcoal cooking course so I can learn how to use the local herbs and spices. The fruit is phenominal. On Saturdays, there's a local market that opens up on some of the streets and you can buy lots of lettuce and fruits and other veggies. We walked through it last weekend on a walking tour, but I didn't buy anything because it was at the beginning of the walk.
ReplyDeleteThere is a walmart here which I had to go to to buy some stuff for the apartment but I am hoping to avoid it at all costs. I am about 1/2 hr walking distance from school which is not that far driving, but it's all up hill. I would like to walk it everyday, but I get really sweaty. I'll have to get extra deodorant and febreeze. The city has awesome views. I will be putting up more pictures of everything soon.
baby wipes for the sweat!
ReplyDelete